The value of internships, both to organizations and students is well-known. For organizations, a strong intern program can maintain a pipeline of highly qualified candidates for full-time roles. Internships and other forms of experiential education help students make a seamless transition to the world of work and are a perfect vehicle to increase retention rates, complete short-term projects, and identify future hires.
The Total Internship Management Workshop helps organizations of all sizes build successful internship programs. The workshop is based on the most in-depth research ever to be conducted into the successful management of internship programs and you can be assured that participants will leave the event with a newfound approach to internships.
This highly interactive workshop includes detailed statistics from proprietary research. Qualitative and quantitative responses will be shared from The National Internship and Co-op Study – a detailed examination of what makes internship programs successful based on the responses of over 225,000 students from more than 500 universities.
Los Angeles, CA
Northern Kentucky University
St. Cloud, MN
Five (5) reasons why you should host the Total Internship Management Workshop for employer partners:
- HRCI & SHRM-PDC Accredited – Getting these CEU’s is critical for HR professionals. Six (6) hours of this type of credit can cost up to $1500. We offer this for a fraction of that.
- Community Building – At each of the workshops we present, we engage the local SHRM Chapters, the local Chamber of Commerce regional Economic Development initiatives and other business related organizations. We find that usually 30 to 40% of the attendees are not currently actively recruiting at the school that hosts the workshop.
- The Content of the Workshop – Our methodology focuses on meeting the employer where they are and helping them to develop a framework for success by focusing on the “variables” that lead to an effective outcome. We have found that by focusing on the “variables” we can help them to create more systemic programs.
- The Experience – the structure of the workshop is very engaging. We do not just tell them about how to develop, grow sustain or enhance their internships – they actually spend time working with each other to build a plan that they can put into place as soon as they get bac to the office.
- It’s “low stress” on you and your team – there is very little that you are responsible for other than securing the location and sending invites to your employer partners. We contact the chambers and SHRM chapters. We handle all of the customer service inquiries. We take care of the catering.
- Learn a data-driven, best in class framework for delivering internship experience;
- Identify future hires through effective internship programming;
- Equip managers with the right tools to maximize the ROI of your internship initiatives;
- Engage your entire organization by focusing on meaningful outcomes;
- Increase your organizational brand awareness on college campuses;
- And much, much more!
This workshop has been accredited by both HRCI and SHRM-PDC and by attending you will receive six (6) CEU Credits!
Click Here to check out our schedule of upcoming workshops!
WHAT PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING…
"The Total Internship Management Workshop was very comprehensive and the diversity of perspectives in the room from different sectors of industry provided for wonderful dialog around internship program management. This workshop is a great investment for results-oriented nonprofits who wants to develop a S.M.A.R.T. program for their organization. I'm looking forward to upgrading our program structure and taking the experiences of our students and supervisors to the next level."
Director of College Ministry & Internships | Christ Church
“The workshop covered all aspects of creating, maintaining, and improving an internship program and is applicable for public and private sector organizations. Employers left with a solid understanding of the process for developing a sustainable internship program and the tools necessary to do so.”
Director of Talent & Workforce Solutions, Greenville Chamber of Commerce
In a word, the Total Internship Management Workshop is comprehensive. From determining whether your organization is ready for interns to evaluating your program’s effectiveness, this guide spans the entire organizational experience. From first interview to offboarding, it explores the full lifecycle of the internship experience. Wherever your organization may find itself on the internship journey, you will come away with valuable insights backed by statistical data and sound logic that you can understand, pitch to leadership and enact.
Pennoni - Philadelphia, PA
“The Total Internship Management Course was immensely helpful in empowering us to launch our internship program with confidence. We've had extremely positive responses from both the mentors and the interns. We're on our 3rd semester of interns and all have given us rave reviews, recommended us to friends and contributed in a meaningful way to our organization. If your internship program could use some help or if you're looking to launch one from the ground up - I highly recommend attending a Total Internship Management workshop in your area!”
Talent Acquisition & Team Development Manager | Simpleshow USA Corp.
“The Total Internship Management Course really helped me to solidify the best path to getting interns who will turn into high-performing long-term employees. This highly engaging workshop helps clarify goals and expectations for both the internship program and the potential interns themselves. As an experienced internship program manager, I highly recommend this course.”
Camille Norman, SHRM-CP
Ring Master of Internship Programs | Kerkering Barberio Accounting Firm
“The Total Internship Management workshop was an amazing course for Intern Managers who need assistance with developing, solidifying, or even fine-tuning their internship programs. I began the course with little to no knowledge of how to manage my interns, and within a week, I have created a full 15-week internship program with the knowledge, tools, and resources from this course! Dr. Robert is an amazing facilitator. I would recommend this course to EVERYONE!”
Development Coordinator | Alzheimer's Association of Orange County
“Prior to participating in the Total Internship Management Workshop, we welcomed interns to join our team, however, did not have a structured program. We quickly realized we needed to create a true “learning environment” for our interns to develop and grow and while giving them an excellent experience. We continue to have success with our program, adopting new ideas and strategies, a result of the foundation we built with through the Total Internship Management Program!”
Manager of Talent Acquisition | Textura Corporation | Chicago, IL
“I’ve personally recruited, trained, and developed hundreds of successful college interns throughout the course of my career and I honestly didn’t think I’d get much out of this workshop – boy was I wrong! Whether your goal in hiring interns is to provide a path for them to potentially join your firm full-time or you just want to ensure you’re following the letter of the law, I would highly recommend attending The Total Internship Management Workshop as soon as possible.”
Principal & Owner – Silverman Benefits Group
“The workshop was extremely beneficial to my organization not only because of the wealth of internship information & resources but also for the networking and connecting the class provided. It was helpful to meet individuals form other organizations in the area. Dr. Shindell is an exceptional speaker and communicator with a wealth of knowledge to share on this topic!”
“The Total Management Workshop was time well spent. The format with the employers and academic contacts all in one room is fantastic. The table discussions and the group facilitation with an expert on the topic is terrific. In a sense, it was like a focus group with a captive audience and I came away with some key information on topics that were important to me and our organization.”
Brian J. Case