2021 Thought Leaders Symposium
Intern Bridge and GradLeaders are seeking proposals for the 2021 Career Services Thought Leaders Symposium scheduled for January 22, 2021.
The committee invites proposals that reflect the best thinking in the field of experiential education, career services operations, student engagement, working with faculty, implementing a career focused culture on your campus, informed by theory, research, and practice and cognizant of issues of diversity and inclusion that:
- Reflect innovation and cutting edge content
- Provide advanced content for career services professionals
- Stimulate and provoke discussion and audience engagement
- Deliver model practices using approaches for different types of learners
- Present evidence based on or supported by research
- Target either new, mid-career, or seasoned professionals
Highlighted topics may include:
- Changing student needs and their impact on career services and student services
- Content that is solution-oriented and provides model practices that may be applied in different educational settings
- Worldwide trends in career services, experiential education, higher education and internationalization
- Career Services outcomes assessment and holistic student learning
- Faculty engagement and curriculum innovation
- Ethical & Legal Issues in career services and experiential education
- Cultural and human diversity in career services or experiential education
- The current state of scholarship in the field
The overall program will result in a diverse array of presenters and perspectives, including those with diverse backgrounds, levels of experience, and institutional/organizational types. Proposals with presenters from a single institution or multiple institutions will be considered equally.
Proposals are due on October 30, 2020.